EOYs Part 2
I finally have some time to talk about the EOY exams. I posted this post on Geppers Creepers regarding my expectations, and just copied it over here for convenience.
"We have come a very long way since the beginning. There will be 4 parameters after each paper...
[a, b, c, d]
a = Targeted Score
b = Expected Score
c = Confirmed Marks Lost
d = Final Impression of Paper (A = great, F = horrible)
We started off 1 week ago with the Life Sciences paper. In retrospect I think I do have a chance at getting a good score despite losing 2 marks for a mistake, caused by a lack of consisting of significantly more cytokinins or auxins. [74/80, 66/80, 2, A-]
We then came to the 1st English paper, which was pretty ok... The question 4 was enjoyable, I think; the brochure was easy too. [48/60, 42/60,some, B-]
After that came the 2nd English paper which was ok. Like I said the summary was fine and I think I did my best for the paper. [38/50, 30/50, 2, B+]
I will separate Literature into 2 parts. I found the Unseen Prose murderous and avoided it, choosing the Unseen Poem instead. I couldn't write much, don't think I had enough though... [17/25, 13/25, a lot, E]
Fortunately the LOTF Question was way way easier... I had more than enough stuff to write about largely due to memory work done on the topic! [23/25, 19/25, a bit, B+]
We then faced the Chinese Listening Exam in the Dining Chambers and I guess it seems like the general impression is positive. I guess we defeated it. [10/10, 9/10, none yet, A+]
We then returned to the classroom to face the Chinese Composition... and I guess I can do quite ok. I chose the shihan + the jixuwen [questions 1 and 3] and had little problem but I don't think I can get that great a score. [60/90, 50/90, some, B-]
After that came the paper where we looked back in time at the nuances of Singapore's History. I thought it was very easy but the source based was a little strange. [80/85, 67/85, none really..., A-]
The battle of the elements in the form of Physical Science was carried out on Tuesday morning. I SERIOUSLY hope I can prove myself and my own skills. Quite easy though... BTW ZQ, I dun think people need to mug very much for physci, it's mostly based on concepts. [100/100, 95/100, 0, A+]
After that we faced the second round of the Chinese Language, which I think was fairly easy but I think I lost some marks on the comprehension-MCQs. [60/80, 45/80, 4, C]
We then came down to earth with the Geography challenge. I found the MCQs and essays easy but the Mapwork was murderous... [80/100, 70/100, 3[Mapwork], B]
After Geography we took a detour to Venice in Literature 2. I found this paper OK. The context and essay (I chose question 3) were pretty ok. [36/50, 32/50, some, B-]
Finally we got shot into the stars, the planes of triangles and big quadratic curves in Mathematics 1. Amazingly I think I'm screwed! I couldn't prove the stupid isoceles triangle... Hope Mazlind gives me some working marks for scribbling in the language of Pythagoras, and the symbols of integrals [47/50, 42/50, 3, F]
We then advanced into the calculatric realm where we faced the challenge of coins and frustrums - Mathematics 2. I'm not sure about the stupid coin formula but it matches with Darrell and that's great! =) [50/50, 45/50, 0, A+] In conclusion - a fairly enjoyable examination I think, with decent-good results. I hope I can win Math, PhySc and mebbe one of history or lifesci."
We then went out on Monday to celebrate. To be honest I was planning something, but I decided to go along with the group on finding that Shaun was already visiting ACS(P) then. It was a meaningful experience for me in a surreal way, meeting the teachers esp. Mr Terry Tan.
We then went to watch Tim Burton's Corpse Bride... which was OK...I would say decent. I thought the ending was rather emotional & bittersweet though...
Anyway, to close off until next time, HOPSCOTCH!
*vanishes*
"We have come a very long way since the beginning. There will be 4 parameters after each paper...
[a, b, c, d]
a = Targeted Score
b = Expected Score
c = Confirmed Marks Lost
d = Final Impression of Paper (A = great, F = horrible)
We started off 1 week ago with the Life Sciences paper. In retrospect I think I do have a chance at getting a good score despite losing 2 marks for a mistake, caused by a lack of consisting of significantly more cytokinins or auxins. [74/80, 66/80, 2, A-]
We then came to the 1st English paper, which was pretty ok... The question 4 was enjoyable, I think; the brochure was easy too. [48/60, 42/60,some, B-]
After that came the 2nd English paper which was ok. Like I said the summary was fine and I think I did my best for the paper. [38/50, 30/50, 2, B+]
I will separate Literature into 2 parts. I found the Unseen Prose murderous and avoided it, choosing the Unseen Poem instead. I couldn't write much, don't think I had enough though... [17/25, 13/25, a lot, E]
Fortunately the LOTF Question was way way easier... I had more than enough stuff to write about largely due to memory work done on the topic! [23/25, 19/25, a bit, B+]
We then faced the Chinese Listening Exam in the Dining Chambers and I guess it seems like the general impression is positive. I guess we defeated it. [10/10, 9/10, none yet, A+]
We then returned to the classroom to face the Chinese Composition... and I guess I can do quite ok. I chose the shihan + the jixuwen [questions 1 and 3] and had little problem but I don't think I can get that great a score. [60/90, 50/90, some, B-]
After that came the paper where we looked back in time at the nuances of Singapore's History. I thought it was very easy but the source based was a little strange. [80/85, 67/85, none really..., A-]
The battle of the elements in the form of Physical Science was carried out on Tuesday morning. I SERIOUSLY hope I can prove myself and my own skills. Quite easy though... BTW ZQ, I dun think people need to mug very much for physci, it's mostly based on concepts. [100/100, 95/100, 0, A+]
After that we faced the second round of the Chinese Language, which I think was fairly easy but I think I lost some marks on the comprehension-MCQs. [60/80, 45/80, 4, C]
We then came down to earth with the Geography challenge. I found the MCQs and essays easy but the Mapwork was murderous... [80/100, 70/100, 3[Mapwork], B]
After Geography we took a detour to Venice in Literature 2. I found this paper OK. The context and essay (I chose question 3) were pretty ok. [36/50, 32/50, some, B-]
Finally we got shot into the stars, the planes of triangles and big quadratic curves in Mathematics 1. Amazingly I think I'm screwed! I couldn't prove the stupid isoceles triangle... Hope Mazlind gives me some working marks for scribbling in the language of Pythagoras, and the symbols of integrals [47/50, 42/50, 3, F]
We then advanced into the calculatric realm where we faced the challenge of coins and frustrums - Mathematics 2. I'm not sure about the stupid coin formula but it matches with Darrell and that's great! =) [50/50, 45/50, 0, A+] In conclusion - a fairly enjoyable examination I think, with decent-good results. I hope I can win Math, PhySc and mebbe one of history or lifesci."
We then went out on Monday to celebrate. To be honest I was planning something, but I decided to go along with the group on finding that Shaun was already visiting ACS(P) then. It was a meaningful experience for me in a surreal way, meeting the teachers esp. Mr Terry Tan.
We then went to watch Tim Burton's Corpse Bride... which was OK...I would say decent. I thought the ending was rather emotional & bittersweet though...
Anyway, to close off until next time, HOPSCOTCH!
*vanishes*
2 Comments:
you... ARENT gay... are you?
please tell me u arent
dude...
By
Anonymous, at 11:23 PM, November 17, 2005
you were screwed? really? who by? daniel? what's that? can't hear you... oh i get it... yourself? really? not bad! quite an achievement considering yr dick had to go all around yr girth to get behind ya...
dude get a BOYFRIEND!
By
Anonymous, at 11:32 PM, November 17, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home