Saturday, November 26, 2005

After The Fire... ok not really

It's been a very long time since I last posted (regarding the 4-way split) and it's now holiday season. I had quite a lot of fun so far, as well as some work - looked through 'Story of Philosophy', next yr's textbook for PoD, and finished up most of the HCl Assignments.

Important events that happened so far:

5 November - BB Drill Exam! The first major thing I had to do during the holidays, and a fairly enjoyable one, too. The Theory Test Paper was very interesting, presenting a LOTR series of puzzles. I think practical went fine too... only 1 mistake I knew of (forgot to salute...)

9 November - I got my (way way way x10000) in advance birthday present - what I'm typing this on now.

12 November - ISO Sharing Day. I went down to help Mdm Lena Yeo but I was only reminded at the last minute!!! (Or rather, I only noticed the reminders on the night of the 11th). Sad, Mdm Lena Yeo is leaving us (of course, I hope to host some events to visit her next yr)... =(

12 to 14 November - BB Company Camp. I went in on the evening of the first day and at first didn't think it was actually a fun camp... (30 pumping after night games) but second day and esp. 2nd night leading into 3rd day was fun - play cards until very late at night. Shame the games on the 3rd day were cancelled, though.

14 November - Shaun put me on the contributors list for the class blog. Thanks Shaun! =)

16 November - Hsieh Wen invited Daniel and I out for bowling at SICC. It was, unfortunately, a bomb though - junior members weren't allowed to sign in guests. After that, they came to my house (I also invited Isaac & Henry to my house, but Isaac had a match that day) and we ate lunch, played Scrabble, chess, bridge, and used the PS2 until they went home (around six). I also collected their schedules such that I would know when to host the second event.

18 November - I called Isaac today and found out his schedule. Great! Now I know which dates all of Henry, Daniel, Isaac and Hsieh Wen will be free. I guess I'll have to base my schedule around Isaac's one though - because he has rugby matches so often.

20 to 23 November - During the GEP Enrichment Camp we went on the Superstar Virgo for 2 days and 2 nights. I decided to revisit the ship, but this time for longer - 4 days and 3 nights. The food at Mediterranean Buffet was great... plus since this time I had 'dining credits' of S$200 I went to the Samurai (Japanese Restaurant) one night. The anago-juu (spelling?) was good, as was the salmon teppanyaki and the raw swordfish sushi (forgot name!) In order to avoid embarrassment I waited for there to be no-one around before testing out the DDR machine there (and as I expected, I'm quite bad at it - little better than C's and can only pass four of the 9-10 songs on the machine). On the third night I went to karaoke with my family - and they said I'm good (!!! totally unexpected !!!) - maybe the vocal training E-Book I stole (ok not really) from my father helped. (I sang 3 songs - Go The Distance (you know this one), The Actor (by Michael Learns To Rock) and Swear It Again (by Westlife))

26 November - I went with family to watch the musical A Twist of Fate at the Esplanade. Not a bad show - romantic, sweet ending.

We'll see what more comes up.

In response to comments:
Erm, anomynous peeps, pls at least show who exactly you are. Comments are welcome... but if it's anonymous how can I tell whether I shd even bother or not?! Closing anonymous comments for now.

Screwed by who? Daniel? - senseless. Show some multi-step thinking, please! Anyway Daniel wouldn't do that... you anonymous guys have strange suspicions with like, no logic!

Am I gay? - Quote Wikipedia: Since its inception, the term homosexuality has acquired multiple meanings. In the original sense, it refers to a sexual orientation characterized by a lasting aesthetic attraction, romantic love, and sexual desire exclusively for members of the same sex or gender identity. It can also refer to the manifestation of that orientation in the identity of an individual, which may be at odds with that person's sexual behavior. Finally, it can refer to sexual relations with another of the same sex regardless of one's sexual orientation, self-identification or gender identity.

Original Sense - nah. Whoever thinks I have sexual desires with anyone in the class is crazy. Aesthetic attraction? It means accepting a person based on how he looks. I accept people not for how they look but the level of trust in the relationship. Romantic Love involves a mix of sexual and emotional desire which brings us back to the first point - no sexual desire.
2nd Meaning (manifestation) - Similar to the original sense.
3rd Meaning - nah. Anyone who thinks I'd have PMS or other forms of sexual relations with anyone is crazy.

Instead, this is what is present in my relationships:
Quote Wikipedia: Platonic love in its modern sense is an affectionate relationship into which the sexual element does not enter, especially in cases where one might easily assume otherwise. A simple example of platonic relationships is friendship between two heterosexual people of the opposite sexes.
I think you anonymous posters are unfortunately assuming the otherwise and should correct your perceptions. Very close relationships between me and classmates like Henry or Isaac --> platonic love. You can ask them if you don't trust me.

Testosterone drives or something - I'm not sure if it IS that hormone or not. Possibly. I have no idea, actually. More likely the desire to find people whom you can trust in an environment where many ppl are hostile toward you. (not giving names here, but if you're in 212 you know who they are)

BTW you think I can be fooled by simple scientific terms like deoxyribonucleic acid? Nice try, man. Potentially the potential aptitude of your cerebrum is improperly, incapably applied such that a certain defect within your ribonucleic acid stimulates laryngal vibration in the shape of a tangent wave. This will almost inevitably result in other organisms associating the surbation of your cornea, resulting in circumorbital haematomas such that they require urgent zomotherapy, with amorance that would definitely not be infinitesimal. (Bah, could write longer but don't feel like doing so.)

Waste of Energy thingy - Hm, it's a waste of energy for you to type that comment. Replying in offence toward this will require you to waste more energy, so let's just stop wasting energy over this little argument =P

For that matter, you are scientifically deluded - energy is NOT destroyed, only converted from one form to another. You might argue that the initial source of the energy is easily assimilated compared against the byproducts of operating the computer or connecting to the internet, but what are these byproducts? Heat Energy and Light Energy. Both forms can be converted to the assimilatable (sp?) potential energy with proper devices (solar panels and umm, heat converters - the ones they use to get geothermal energy) Anyway, think about this: the average laptop computer has energy consumption at a rate of around 0.05kW/h compared against if you use a regular CPU, 0.27kW/h. Seems like a small difference, but 0.27/0.05 = a staggering 5.4 times the power! AND, I'm using a laptop to type this and used a laptop to make the picture and do up the parody. Laptops have one of the lowest energy consumption rates for computers and hence you are in no position to post the comment since, after all, if you are using a laptop, we're on around even ground, and what if you're using a desktop PC then? =D

The 'great post' thingy on the 'love? an illusion?' one - Thanks a lot! Didn't see this one for so long - haven't bothered checking comments. Actually I don't write essays like that so often - only when I hear lyrics that I find interesting or engaging.

OK. Serious comments pls, people. I have clarified the previous comment issues and understand if you might find this blog controversial. Should you like to post further argument or comment, do so but properly and rationally. Don't forget, anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.

I think I have an idea who these anonymous people are. The main link to this blog is through the 2.12 Naphtalians blog, but who there would do it? Seems like not anyone from the 2.12 Naphtalians Contributor List, and also not the tagboard ppl. So, that gives you an idea of who I think is the culprit, eh? =)

Whew! Very long post - I think my longest yet (1.5k words approximated). See you guys whenever I next meet you...

And remember: Platonic love in its modern sense is an affectionate relationship into which the sexual element does not enter, especially in cases where one might easily assume otherwise. A simple example of platonic relationships is friendship between two heterosexual people of the opposite sexes...

Till next time, JK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home