...in this life, I was loved by you...
Let the world stop turning; let the sun stop burning
Let them tell me love's not worth going through
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart
The only dream that mattered had come true...
In this life, I was loved by you
I got the new Westlife album 'Face To Face' today. Most of the tracks are real good. I especially like "In This Life"... so sweet! (that's where the title of this post comes from) I may be planning to post an online review soon. It's a great CD in my opinion.
Also, mysteriously, after the cruise, my parents decided that DDR was a great game for exercise... and bought DDR:Extreme 2 and one pad (I already have a PS2).
I'm a serious DDR noob, though. I can't read complex patterns of arrows or step very fast - in fact, I got most of my grades by memorizing the song and steps. DDR just isn't my kind of game.
Anyway, song by song on what I did in the first 3 days: (after clearing all of the Lesson Mode)
(Note: This will seem crappy for most pros - I'm just starting out, so I'll do songs on LIGHT mode first.)
Speed Over Beethoven - Light (3)
I've never heard of this song before. Not overly difficult. What was maddening was the consistent streams of jumps. A (4th attempt or so)
Play That Funky Music - Light (2)
Hm. It's a cover of Wild Cherry. I saw a difficulty of 2 and thought - 'That's ok.' It was, actually. I found it very easy. A (1st attempt)
Oops! I Did It Again - Light (3)
This one's a Britney Spears cover. I found it maddeningly slow which initially caused some problems. After working on it for quite a few times, I managed to get an A
As The Rush Comes - Light (5)
I saw a song with difficulty 5 but a low speed and decided to try it out. In a few attempts, I was able to figure out how the freeze arrows with other steps during them worked. No A, but decently enough a B.
Irresistability - Light (3)
Eek! The speed initially scared me, but I decided to try it out. VERY spirited, not too difficult. Nothing great though, just a B.
Against All Odds [Take A Look At Me Now] - Light (3)
I know 2 existing versions of the song - the original one by Phil Collins, and Westlife and Mariah Carey's cover. I like the remix. I'm fine with the dance steps - after a lot of practicing managed to get what I wanted. A* (full combo) (after >25 times)
Get Busy - Light (4)
I chose this type of song, again because of low speed. Not too hard - the main headache is sorting out the freeze arrows. B.
- I then decided to play through Mission Mode. After getting through Area A and some of B, I got sick of Mission Mode. I went back to the mode to dance more songs (including unlocked ones) -
PARANOiA - Light (6)
Fairly tough - 180 BPM isn't exactly the kind of pace I like. I can get a B but no better after practicing. I think the 6 for the song is overrated, either that or some psychological difference makes it difficult for me to do Standard songs.
Oops! I Did It Again - Standard (4)
Only 4? For me, the 8th steps make this a headache, even harder than PARANOiA Light! I got them down after some practice, which got me a B.
That's about it. Training up 'Get Busy' now, should be able to get full combo with practice and being VERY careful.
Let them tell me love's not worth going through
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart
The only dream that mattered had come true...
In this life, I was loved by you
I got the new Westlife album 'Face To Face' today. Most of the tracks are real good. I especially like "In This Life"... so sweet! (that's where the title of this post comes from) I may be planning to post an online review soon. It's a great CD in my opinion.
Also, mysteriously, after the cruise, my parents decided that DDR was a great game for exercise... and bought DDR:Extreme 2 and one pad (I already have a PS2).
I'm a serious DDR noob, though. I can't read complex patterns of arrows or step very fast - in fact, I got most of my grades by memorizing the song and steps. DDR just isn't my kind of game.
Anyway, song by song on what I did in the first 3 days: (after clearing all of the Lesson Mode)
(Note: This will seem crappy for most pros - I'm just starting out, so I'll do songs on LIGHT mode first.)
Speed Over Beethoven - Light (3)
I've never heard of this song before. Not overly difficult. What was maddening was the consistent streams of jumps. A (4th attempt or so)
Play That Funky Music - Light (2)
Hm. It's a cover of Wild Cherry. I saw a difficulty of 2 and thought - 'That's ok.' It was, actually. I found it very easy. A (1st attempt)
Oops! I Did It Again - Light (3)
This one's a Britney Spears cover. I found it maddeningly slow which initially caused some problems. After working on it for quite a few times, I managed to get an A
As The Rush Comes - Light (5)
I saw a song with difficulty 5 but a low speed and decided to try it out. In a few attempts, I was able to figure out how the freeze arrows with other steps during them worked. No A, but decently enough a B.
Irresistability - Light (3)
Eek! The speed initially scared me, but I decided to try it out. VERY spirited, not too difficult. Nothing great though, just a B.
Against All Odds [Take A Look At Me Now] - Light (3)
I know 2 existing versions of the song - the original one by Phil Collins, and Westlife and Mariah Carey's cover. I like the remix. I'm fine with the dance steps - after a lot of practicing managed to get what I wanted. A* (full combo) (after >25 times)
Get Busy - Light (4)
I chose this type of song, again because of low speed. Not too hard - the main headache is sorting out the freeze arrows. B.
- I then decided to play through Mission Mode. After getting through Area A and some of B, I got sick of Mission Mode. I went back to the mode to dance more songs (including unlocked ones) -
PARANOiA - Light (6)
Fairly tough - 180 BPM isn't exactly the kind of pace I like. I can get a B but no better after practicing. I think the 6 for the song is overrated, either that or some psychological difference makes it difficult for me to do Standard songs.
Oops! I Did It Again - Standard (4)
Only 4? For me, the 8th steps make this a headache, even harder than PARANOiA Light! I got them down after some practice, which got me a B.
That's about it. Training up 'Get Busy' now, should be able to get full combo with practice and being VERY careful.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home