Monday, December 12, 2005

A Thank-You List to people in 2.12

I've always wanted to post this but never really had the time to sit down and write one long list of thank-yous to the people in 2.12 who have had impacts on my journey through sec2. (which means practically everyone...)

Sam Teo, for shunning me. You might be surprised, but it has helped me realise the importance of relationships, and hence making me develop and strengthen my relationships with others.

Sidhant, for the element of liveliness added to the class.

Seng Wei, for the jokes and occasional witty remarks you made.

Jun Yi, for the whirling MapleStory cards that flew around fairly often.

Darren, for the mathematical manipulation you did, and to be honest, a few of the 'Truth or Dares' you pulled that were quite amusing.

Peter, for the chess games after the exams.

Chin Chuan, for the little bits of help in Chinese here and there.

Boey, for the inter-class Science Quiz and other areas where you showed your Life Science and Geography prowess. It has been an inspiration for me to raise my game in those subjects too.

Sheu Zhi, for often telling me to examine situations from other angles, as well as expositioning the value of honor.

Yong Jun, for the whole pile of chess games, and the unusual 'mock-handshake' gesture you made before playing a game.

Gideon, for the Life Sciences project (2nd one), as well as often introducing breaks in the tedium of the schoolday.

Josh, for the help with schoolwork and exam preparation.

Weihua, for inviting me to your party, as well as general little bits of help throughout the year.

Herrick, for making me think rationally on certain matters, as well as inspiring me to try out DDR.

Darrell, for the mahjong games at Weihua's party, and also... finally realising (term 3 wk 10) that I can be a loyal & helpful friend.

Jarrel, for the math power (and competition), and other stuff... (can't remember everything, sorry)

Bryan, it's great that I've found someone who thinks analytically and scientifically while still maintaining flexibility in you. Thanks for sort-of guiding me through the SMP process as well.

Job, for some of the cooperative projects esp. Geography Shooting Stars one... that was pretty enjoyable.

Zhang, for more late-night MSN convo's during June hols, the interdisciplinary project, and also sharing exam notes with everyone else during end-of-yrs.

Kevin Wong, for being a certain kind of role model for the class (in the sense of good behaviour), understanding me when I changed groups for IDP, as well as the late-night MSN convo's during the June hols... those were fun!

Louis, for providing inspiration in terms of Art, as well as all the photos from the class party. Thanks!

Shaun, for being a really helpful, reliable and responsible person whom I could rely on when checking homework and info for the exams. I remember the P-Sc revision the night before the paper...

Kevin Low, for being a VERY understanding chairman, and also for being someone great to talk to when the class environment was crazy...

Hsieh Wen, for identifying my egoist tendencies, as well as a lot of memorable quotes. "Whereby x = y, f(x) = f(y)" is one I'll definitely remember, as well as the "it is very early in the morning / it is very late at night"s. Thanks for obliging to the seat-change, too.

Daniel, for helping me out very often regarding lots of stuff - stress, homework, just about anything -, often listening to what I had to say, and also for being understanding earlier on during Term 3 IDP. Recently it seems that there is a possibility that you'll be transferred to 3.09 - but whether you are or aren't, I'll definitely remember you. We should maintain contact next yr.

Henry, for practically everything we've done this year, the exam preparation, the chess games, the post-exam bridge, the little holiday gatherings- as far as I can remember, I've only really got to know you this year, in fact in the last 6 months of this year; and the results have been amazing. I'll remember them for a long time. Though next year we won't be in the same class, we should keep in touch, even regarding schoolwork - after all, the only difference is History against Geography, isn't it?

Isaac, it's been 8 years. I'd seriously like to thank you for that source of confidance you have provided and sustained all the while - calming me down and reassuring me - and also for just about everything else we did this year in terms of schoolwork - the last-minute networking for the Life Sci project due to clashing travel schedules, the interdisciplinary project, the Maths-Lit cross-mutualism, the final algebra preparations - as well as in other areas - the PS2 games we played after we finished work, the Amazing Race testing, and the birthday present. It's really been amazing. Next year will be the 9th year - and we'll be in the same class again. Let's get some plans started.

I guess that's about it... I hope I haven't missed anyone.

I will post more details soon regarding the little events happening throughout my holiday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home