Tuesday, December 27, 2005

DDR

I've been playing lots of DDR since I've got quite a lot of spare time - I'm starting to find it easier with each go. I usually play Standard Roulette, then a few selected Standards and Heavies I'm trying to work on. Sometimes, for fun, I pick Light songs and place mods on them. I didn't play that much today but still managed to achieve some improvement.

[roulette] picked: Boom Boom Dollar Standard [7 footer], no mods
I knew the song and the crazy stream at the end (left down right down left down right etc etc). It wasn't too tough this time though; I managed to execute the turn decently, but flopped a bit at the end. I got a B, new record.

[roulette] picked: 1998 Standard [5 footer], no mods
In my opinion this is one of the easiest 5 footers. I cleared it with two non combo steps and a decent A, though short of a previous record. (Quite a stack of Marvellouses this time.)

[roulette] picked: Against All Odds Standard [5 footer], no mods
Sigh. This song, again. I remember learning the song, practicing the chorus 8th-step streams in Training Mode. I cleared it pretty easily, but only with a B as a result of a few careless non-combo steps.

[roulette] picked: Butterfly Standard [6 footer], no mods
ouch... Thrice in a row the pad slipped on me (I use the official soft pad). I may add this song to my Training List.

Training List 1: La Copa De La Vida Heavy [7 footer], no mods
I didn't find the song too much of a problem and improved a previous C to a high B. Seems like these songs are much easier to do when I have more energy.

Training List 2: Inside Your Heart Heavy [6 footer], no mods
Actually this song wasn't exactly on my Training List - I just realised that I had a very old D for a six footer. I put myself through it again, and with one attempt, pulled the D up to a middle B.

Training List 3: Pump Up The Volume Heavy [7 footer], no mods
I decided to sightread this song for fun since it's fairly slow and I thought it would be easy. I did fine up to a certain point where, for some reason I got stressed up or tired out, and started missing a couple of arrows. Survived through with a high D. (Must work on this one!)

Training List 4: Keep On Movin' (remixed) Heavy [7 footer], no mods
Another song I decided to sightread, probably because I enjoyed the song... I had little trouble with this one despite the 7 foot difficulty, and cleared it without too many slips - a middle B.

Training List 5 - skipped as song was already played (Boom Boom Dollar Standard)

Light with Mods 1: Against All Odds Light [3 footer], 2x reverse shuffle boost
Fun. I liked the song, and anyway need to train to read arrows at faster speeds - so this is good practice too.

Light with Mods 2: Captain Jack Light [4 footer], 2x reverse shuffle boost
These modifiers are fun to play with; and also help train arrow-reading speed.

Light with Mods 3: Paranoia Light [6 footer], 2x shuffle
Like Against All Odds, I found it good practice to do this one. (360 bpm arrow reading)

DDR is great fun but there seems to be only so much I can do in one day. Doing well now though, movin' up from Standards into low Heavies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home