Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sharity Gift Box '05

I went down on the 18th and 19th for the BBSGB. The 18th was just ok - I spent the day in the warehouse sorting and packing stuff. The 19th was more interesting - went out for delivery. The driver for my team was... super-intelligent and super-inspiring. He spoke of lots of things - philosophy, mathematics (1 + 1 = 10), science, beliefs... It is indeed heart-warming to see the smiles on the peoples' faces once you drop off the goods.

I also spent some time playing DDRExtreme2 today. I have got 6-footers mostly down quite well (Make A Difference Standard mid-B, Heaven is a 57 Metallic Gray Standard high-B, Oops! I Did It Again Heavy mid-B, Daikenkai Standard mid-B). I then thought; hm, we can do sixes, let's try 7-footers. 3 failures, no passes.

Boom Boom Dollar Standard [7]
First time I tried and I did pretty well until the last part with a ton of crossovers (up, left, up, right, up, left etc) when I lost balance and missed like 10 straight arrows. Worth practicing though; with balance this one should be a snap.

Dynamite Rave (B4 ZA Beat Mix) Challenge [7]
I still find this song a headache! The first part (four freeze arrows) is easy but then we reach this part after 1 more triplet going down, up, up, down (very very fast). I get madly disoriented and miss most of the next stretch but usually still survive through to this easy, but entirely offbeat stream all on quarter notes (which I can usually fullcombo). Then comes a long stream of 8th notes with no breaks. I tend to fail there due to losing balance (although actually looking at the step chart the only problematic part is the first bit). I should retry; after the first few bars it merely becomes a matter of going through the triplets with precision.

Against All Odds Heavy [7]
I definitely should practice this one; I usually tend to fail at the very end of the song. The verses are easy but the choruses can be a little difficult sometimes (but I can hit enough arrows to survive, and then regain my meter in the verses).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home